17 October 2016

Judge Dredd Lawmaster statue from Pop Culture Shock Collectibles



This is the 3rd statue in the 2000AD line from Pop Culture Shock Collectibles. It's the rather massive, Judge Dredd sat astride his Lawmaster.

From payment to delivery took around 2 years and that was a long wait, believe me! I did contact the company at one stage, as on one of their frequent emails about their products, the delivery window had changed but this was not an easily seen notification, this was at the very bottom of the email in the small print area. The reason was due to the electronics for the lights and that was enough for me to relax a little. If you're a collector of Dredd merchandise then you'll be used to these sort of timings. In the end, it was only one year behind the stated delivery date, which was October 2015.

Anyway, when the company first revealed that they were making this statue they showed this image...


That piqued my interest straight away and so I followed PCS Toys on various internet platforms to see when they would release more information. Over time a couple more were released...



Then the official announcement went up! This was when I became even more interested, if that was possible.


I could see that it was exactly like their computer images and was sticking to the old style Lawmaster, which is still a fan favourite for most Dreddheads. The price, dimensions, weight and other details were all released and it was time to wait for the actual date of pre-order, to jump in and try and buy one.

This was to be a limited run of 250 and you could buy as new, or street damaged (I chose the latter)

It was $699.99 but if you paid in full on day one, then you got a 15% discount, which was $105 off, so the price to me was actually $594.99. Good job I have a Dredd fund built up for such items.

The dimensions were estimated at 15"H (38.1cm) x 14"W (35.56cm) x 24"L (60.96cm)

While the weight was to be around 25Ibs (11.25kg)

The pre-order date was the 10th of November 2014 around midnight for us in the UK. I knew that a few of my friends would be up around their PC's waiting and there is a story about that, as I was using my phone at work to buy it and I kept getting calls from some of those friends but that is another story!

The estimated shipping date was to be the 31st of October 2015 (so you can see the delay).

Here's a link to show all those details and professional pictures of the statue PCS TOYS

After the extra year of waiting the beast finally arrived at around 15:30 on a Wednesday and all I could do was just check the box as I had no free time to do anything with it until the Friday. How ironic that I wait an extra year for it and then due to my own lifestyle, I wait an extra 48 hours.

Anyway, here's the unboxing video and I'll follow that with my own photos.


Remember to click on these photos, as that should enlarge them on your screen and then you can scroll through them all.







7 LINKS
































And here's one of the lights in total darkness!


I'm extremely pleased with this and so give it 7 links out of 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and add any extra information that you may know of!